Not all products or processes are ideally suited for continuous motion automation.
Some advantages of intermittent (indexing) motion equipment can be;
- Managing difficult to control parts (bags, wires, etc.).
- Managing difficult to control materials (glues, lubricants, tapes, etc.).
- Managing ancillary processes equipment (welders, gluers, heat application, inspection systems, etc.).
- Flexibility to run multiple parts or to add operations to the process.
- Lower initial cost to market when high speed is not required.
Selecting the best automation platform for a project is one of the most important decisions to be made at the onset of an automation project. Haumiller has decades of experience making those critical recommendations.